Digital news reporter
Daily Mail Australia
November 2022 -
· pitching and writing content covering local and national breaking news, politics, and current affairs
October 2022 – December 2022
· Producing written content for the company’s print and online annual magazine.
· Researching, internal and external communications, stakeholder engagement.
· Editing audio for podcast episodes.
April 2022 -
· Reviewer for various arts events in Melbourne and Sydney
· My profile and contributions
ABC RMIT Fact Check
· Assisted in the research of dubious claims made by politicians and public figures in the media and on social media.
· Researched and Co-authored a fact check on a claim made about COVID-19 vaccine producer Pfizer
July – October 2022
- Assisted in the implementation of a communications project for Liver Awareness Month 2022 involving research, interviews, video production, and written testimonies.
- Liver Awareness Month 2022
The Standard, Warrnambool, Victoria
- Pitched and wrote news stories for print and online.
- Assisted with audio and visual content.
· Worked collaboratively as part of a newsroom team.
· Student nurses grant
SBS: Unbecoming White Australia podcast
· Researching and filing archival audio.
· Sourcing talent.
· Worked collaboratively and closely with a team of producers
The Swanston Gazette, RMIT Melbourne, Victoria
March 2022 -
· Politics and Education Editor, contributor.
Australian Black and White Stories, Victoria
November 2021- March 2022
- Working with editors on developing stories of everyday reconciliation between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians.
- Attended an event hosted by Black and White Stories and RMIT to meet the Governor General of Australia where I interviewed His Excellency and his wife.
· 2022 Ossie Awards for Student Journalism
- Winner of the 2022 Dart Centre for Journalism and Trauma Asia Pacific Award for reporting on the impact of violence, crime, disaster and other traumatic events. Link to story here
• 2022 Vice-chancellor Award for Academic Excellence
• 2022 RMIT Journalism Program Academic Excellence Award
· 2022 RMIT University
Bachelor of Communication (Journalism)
GPA of 4 (highest possible GPA)
· 2016 RMIT University
Certificate IV in Community Services
Skills and abilities
· Hard news and feature writing
·Content management systems
· Multimedia storytelling using Shorthand
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Writing and presenting for television and radio
· Corporate communications
· Fact checking and verification
· Data journalism
· Reporting on sensitive issues
· Podcast script writing, presenting, and producing
• Social media curation
• Understanding of journalism law, ethics and integrity
• Collaborative journalism projects
• Working to deadlines
Paulette Trevena Communications and Engagement Manager, LiverWELL
0447 692 663
Phillipa O’Donnell Co-founder Australian Black and White Stories
0411 868 188
0418 304 030